1. Determine Your Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for a grant from The Bartol Foundation, you must be all three of the following:
- A non-profit organization with a current 501(c)(3) status.
- Presenting programs focused on arts and cultural activities.
- Presenting programs within the City of Philadelphia.
Unfortunately, you are not eligible if you do/are any of the following:
- Presenting programs outside of the City of Philadelphia
- Located outside of the five-county Philadelphia area
- Capital requests
- Schools (although a cultural organization may apply for a program in schools)
- Presenting programs with teaching artists who are unpaid.
- Presenting one-time events or festivals
- Have an operating budget over $2.5 million based on total organizational revenues from your last completed fiscal year
- Summer programs
- An individual
- Religious or political organizations
If you are eligible, move to step 2, scheduling a site visit.