1. Determine Your Eligibility
To be eligible to apply for a grant from The Bartol Foundation, you must be all three of the following:
- A non-profit organization with a current 501(c)(3) status or have an affiliation with a nonprofit fiscal sponsor.
- Presenting programs focused on community-based, in-depth arts education.
- Presenting programs within the City of Philadelphia.
Unfortunately, you are not eligible if you do/are any of the following:
- Presenting programs outside of the City of Philadelphia
- Located outside of the five-county Philadelphia area
- Capital requests
- Schools (although a cultural organization may apply for a program in schools)
- Presenting programs with teaching artists who are unpaid.
- Presenting one-time events or festivals
- Have an operating budget over $1.0 million based on total organizational expenses from your last completed fiscal year. This includes only the current portion of any multi-year grants and does not include in-kind contributions or capital grants. If you are unsure if you are eligible, please get in touch with us at email@example.com
- Have received grants from the Bartol Foundation for four consecutive years. If so, you must take a year off before applying again.
- Summer programs
- An individual although an individual may apply for our Teaching Artist Micro-Grants.
If you are eligible, move to step 2, scheduling a site visit.