3. Prepare Your Online Application
The deadline for scheduling a site visit for our May 1, 2018 deadline has passed. If you have not already scheduled a site visit, you are not eligible to apply. We will begin site visits for the 2019 deadline beginning July 15, 2018.
Site visits are mandatory prior to applying. Information on setting up your site visit is here.
Once you have determined your eligibility and we have come for a site visit to your organization, step 3 is to submit your grant application. You’re almost there!
We are now accepting applications through an online platform called Submittable. The application is now open for our upcoming deadline on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 5:00 pm. We will only accept paper applications from organizations that do not have the capacity to submit online (See #4 below.)
We strongly suggest that you log on to the new application here to become familiar with the platform and the application questions. Here are some tips.
- Submittable allows you to create an account and save your work as you go. You can work on the application, log off, and then log back in to continue to work. If multiple people are working on the application at the same time, make sure not to auto-save over each other’s work.
- We have adjusted our application questions to be more suited to an online format. You can log on to see the entire application and plan your responses. As always, it is good to create your application in a word document and then paste your responses into the online application.
- As you work on the application, feel free to email if something isn’t working right or if you are unclear about a question. We will do our best to fix any glitches or clarify anything that is unclear.
- If your organization does not have the capacity to complete an application online, please get in touch with us right away so we can make alternate arrangements. You must contact us by Monday, April 23 at the latest if you are not able to complete an online application. Your application will still be due in hard copy by May 1 at 5:00 pm.
Since this is new to all of us, please don’t wait until the last minute to submit your application. You can access technical support to set up your account for Submittable at email@example.com. And here is an article if you are new to using Submittable.
Remember that you must schedule a mandatory site visit prior to applying. You must submit a site visit request with this form by April 2, 2018 and the site visit must take place by May 1, 2018.