3. Prepare Your Application
Site visits are mandatory prior to applying. Information on setting up your site visit is here.
Once you have determined your eligibility and we have come for a site visit to your organization, step 3 is to submit your grant application. You’re almost there!
Applications must be received by Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 5 PM. Note that we will be moving to an online application that will be open on March 1, 2018. In the meantime, you can use last year’s application (below) as a general guideline to the application questions and requirements. There will be some changes to the 2018 application.
All applications must include:
- Application Summary Form and Application Narrative [DOWNLOAD PDF]: 2 copies
- Project budget showing both income and expenses with funds committed to date, if project support is requested. If it is not apparent, indicate the portion spend on artistic vs. administrative salaries: 2 copies
- For arts education requests: include a sample curriculum and/or lesson plan: 1 copy
- Current year organizational budget including funding sources with funds committed to date. If your budget has changed more than 20% from the prior year, please explain. 1 copy
- List of Board of Directors: 1 copy
- Latest annual report or overview of activities for the previous year: 1 copy
- Selected supplementary materials that will inform your request, for example, study guides, curriculum, or sample lesson plans: 1 copy
- Most recent audited financial statements, or if unavailable, most recent 990: 1 copy
- For new applicants: Current IRS determination letter for 501(c)(3) status: 1 copy
Returning applicants are no longer required to submit the IRS letter, but must acknowledge on the Application Summary Form that their nonprofit status has not changed.
Note that e-mailed applications will not be accepted, and all applications must include all requested information in order to be considered. No folders or binders, or page numbers on the right corner, please. Make sure that the e-mail address you list on your Application Summary Form is an address you check regularly, since this will be our main way to contact you during the application review process.
We will let you know via e-mail when your complete application has been received for consideration. Our final decisions will be announced in early July, at which time you may contact us at 267-519-5310 for comments from the panel process that may help you with future grant proposals.