Bartol’s 2017 TA Survey (Part II)
Here is what Teaching Artists are saying about our free professional development workshops. And what we have planned for the coming year.
Bartol workshops are hands-on and taught by your peers. Our Teaching Artist Play Dates are 90-minutes of activities in a specific art form, designed for artists to cross disciplines, adapt and share.
- “I literally copied the entire lesson plan from the recent workshop…with great success.”
- “I translated the construct that the teaching artist showed for creating their own choreography to music composition. Love learning from other art forms!”
Bartol’s Resource Field Trips connect you with free or low-cost resources to supplement your teaching.
- “When I attend workshops, I always take away a strategy or approach that I can implement in my teaching practice.”
Bartol’s Marketing Workshops help you develop concrete materials for getting the gig and making sure it is profitable for you and productive for your participants.
- “I must say the work you and Bartol does is a godsend! I am negotiating this contract and while I bit at the initial happiness of what I thought was a great offer, I would end up losing money on this project. It literally is a classic textbook example of one of your case studies from the financial workshops.”
Bartol tackles the tough issues, including learning more about related fields such as trauma-informed practice and thinking about issues of race.
- “I talked with my kindergarten–second grade students about race after the race training [workshop]. I would have otherwise thought them too young.”
- “I used a lot of the self-care and student-care techniques from the workshop about trauma-informed teaching.”
Bartol workshops are about building connections and community in this profession we call teaching artistry.
- “Every Bartol workshop I attend leaves me feeling inspired and energized. It makes me feel like I am not alone in the work I do.”
Join us in the coming year. Workshops will be posted up soon. Click to get on our mailing list to be among the first to hear about new sessions!