Who We Are
Welcoming Our New Board Members and Officers
Each member of the Bartol board brings their unique perspective to our conversation, perspectives that are embedded in the work we do and the people we serve. Our focus on diverse voices has always been present on the board. Today we are especially focused on adding board members who will activate new networks so that more people know about what Bartol does and the resources they can access.
Here’s a cool infographic that shows you more about the board’s demographics. Since we ask our grantees to do this, it seems fitting that we will also be transparent in sharing our story. You can read about all of our board members here.
The Class of 2021
This year’s class includes two dancers, a musician and a theatre artist. But being true creatives, they all juggle multiple day jobs.
- Betsaleel Charmelus is a program director for the anti-violence, music based non-profit Beyond the Bars, facilitates as a music instructor for survivors of sexual trauma with JJPI’s B.O.S.S Program, and member of the nationally acclaimed, all-black rock band ill Fated Natives.
- Cat Ramirez is a Philly-based director and producer. They currently serve as the Creative Director for Philadelphia Asian Performing Artists and the Interim Line Producer at The Bearded Ladies Cabaret
- Iquail Shaheed is the executive artistic director of Dance Iquail, a Philadelphia-based dance company working at the intersection of dance and social justice. He is on the Faculty of Goucher College and is pursuing his Ph. D.
- Sinta Penyami Storms Through her work to preserve the traditional Indonesian culture, Sinta founded Modero & Company. She is also the Events and Operations Manager at Philadelphia Folklore Project.
Most importantly, each of these new board members are passionate about the role that the arts play in activating social justice and in amplifying voices that have been silenced.
And Our New Officers
We also welcome two new officers to our Executive Committee.
- Wit López (Secretary) is a visual artist, performer, and arts administrator. They are the Artistic Director of Till Arts Project, an arts-services organization serving LGBTQI+ artists in the Greater Philly area.
- Hannah Gillean (Treasurer) is a Director, Cobalt LP at Hamilton Lane. Hannah is a finance professional who is passionate about supporting Philadelphia and the arts outside of her day-to-day job.
We can’t wait until the city reopens and we can be out meeting you again!